REFLECTING ON THE POWER OF THE RESURRECTION
The resurrection is the Big Story that turned a little Jewish protest movement into a world-transforming religion. And yet by Easter Monday we’ve almost forgotten about it and are planning our summer holidays. How can we re-capture the explosive power of the resurrection that ricocheted around the world? How can we live in the glow of resurrection and be an Easter people? How can ‘there and then’ become ‘here and now’?
5 Sessions from 7.15 pm to 9 pm, starting with sharing food:
1. Have I got news for you! – 21st February
2. So what? The implications of the Resurrection – 28th February
3. ‘Let him Easter in us’ – 7th March
4. Celebrating and praying Easter – 14th March
5. A risen Church – 21st March
Each session will involve
· Sharing food together
· Listening to a reflection on the topic of the evening
· Having an opportunity to share our thoughts and experience with one another
The sessions will be led by Rev Rachel Wilson, the Parish priest at St Thomas’s. She is there mostly to make sure that the sessions run smoothly and that everyone who wants to, has the chance to speak.
If you’re interested in coming, please give Rachel a ring on 01892 525869 – it helps to know how much food to prepare - but if you just turn up, you’ll be very welcome!
You are also welcome to come to as many sessions as you wish – don’t feel you have to attend them all.